“You may not be there yet, but you’re closer than yesterday.” – Unknown.
Today lets talk about moving along the continuum.
I’m sure you have tried to make changes to your life before, then fallen off the wagon and ended up back where you started.
You’re not the first person to do this, people try to transform their lives everyday… and fail because they try to change too much, too quickly.
A lot of us think that when we are trying to make a change to our bodies that “cold turkey” or “all or nothing” mindsets are the way to go; but I can tell you from over 14 years in the fitness industry, this is not the case, especially when we are looking for sustainability.
What we would rather you focus on right now is just being better than yesterday, the small improvements.
What can we do better? Even just a little bit better?
- Could you drop from 2 sugars in your coffee to just 1?
- You’ve been getting protein into 2 meals per day, could you get it in with 3?
- Could you get to the gym 3 times and go for a small walk?
- Last week you stuck to your meal plan about 70% of the time, this week can you make your target 75%?
- How’s about low carb beer, rather than the usual full strength stuff?
- Could you have sugar-free Red Bull, rather than the standard one?
- Could you get to bed at 10pm rather than 10:30pm?
- Could you opt for a Steak at the work lunch rather than just the usual deep fried fish and chips?
All of these things are a bit better.
A bit better each day adds to being a bit better each week, then a month, then a year. Before you know it you’re achieving your ultimate goal